A Trial Run

My parents came up to spend Halloween with us, and during the course of the day I had my mother try on Forestry. It fits her perfectly, and so I sent it home with her. Mom's never been one to really wear - or like - brown, and so while she loves the craftsmanship that went into this sweater and the design she's just not all that sure that she'd wear it. If she finds that she does not wear it, it will come back home to me. If, on the other hand, she discovers that she loves having this piece in her wardrobe, than I am going to gift it to her. We'll call it a combo Christmas and birthday gift.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. I really wish that Mom had just fallen in love with Forestry, because I think that would be easier. As it is, I am glad to not have it here as a constant reminder of a really big mistake - especially since I really didn't want to frog it and start over - but I'm a bit uneasy about it going somewhere where it may not be used. (And I still wish it fit me!)

We'll hope for the best!

Comments

margene said…
It looks so good on her...I hope she falls for it and will enjoy wearing it.

Popular Posts