Treasures

I'm quite happy to report that I've made a lot of progress on my photo project today. As I've been planted in front of the computer all afternoon, I have nothing to show in the way of creative work today.

Fortunately, my mother-in-law (my husband's step-mother, to be specific) brought by a family treasure to show me this afternoon when she brought the Pixie home from their weekly morning together. This lovely collar was made by either her Grandmother or her Great-Grandmother...she's not sure which. It was so beautiful that I asked permission to photograph it and document it here, which she graciously permitted.

And so, some eye-candy....










Comments

margene said…
That is a beautiful piece of Battenburg lace! What a lovely family heirloom to have.
Leciawp said…
Beautiful - what a treasure!
Leciawp said…
PS - I had some problems with the embedded comment form rejecting comments; I've switched to the pop up style. Will you please let me know if you have any problems with my form in the future? Thanks so much!

Popular Posts