Monday Meanderings

Photo by my brother, Erin.

  • I finished a second, very small project last night, and will share it with you tomorrow!
  • I'm liking this quick knits thing. I so rarely do instant gratification projects, and I think that perhaps I should do more.
  • I also like the fact that I'm using up leftovers which I've held on to for a very long time. That's a good thing.
  • Ditto for finally getting around to projects which have been sitting in the stash for a while.
  • Scary, but true, it's time to start working on Christmas gifts. I want to be well ahead of the game this year, which means that it needs to happen asap.
  • The good news - I have a list of ideas prepared and the materials for most of the gifts.
  • The bad news - the yarn for the girls' sweaters is STILL on backorder.
  • Also bad news - I still haven't been paid for the last sample sweater I knit. I believe this is officially the end of my journey with that designer. It's been two months, and I've sent multiple emails. I'm now sending weekly messages...but if I don't hear from her by the end of the month I'm going to freely publish info about this situation.
  • I've been reading a lot lately. In fact, I read the latest book by one of my favorite authors this weekend...to my husband's amusement. He remembers the pre-child days when I couldn't tear myself away from a book for anything!
  • My mom remembers my childhood with a great dose of annoyance for that same thing. I frequently got in trouble for reading too much and/or ignoring the world over a book.
  • It's sad to wait for a book for over a year...only to read it in three days and then have to start waiting again.
  • The Tony awards last night were a bit of a snooze. Used to be, I watched them religiously and in the following week went out and bought my music for the next year. I could take or leave the musicals from the last few years...most of them being just so-so.
  • Mathew Morrison and Lea Michelle were the bright spots last night.
  • I want Lea Michelle's career.
  • Of course, that would require some vocal talent.
  • Ahem.
  • So how am I feeling?
  • 18 days into the thyroid meds, and I feel like I've got the flu. The side effects have hit me pretty hard over the last couple of weeks - including raging insomnia, headaches and a queasy tummy. Oh, and my hair is falling out. Truth - I feel worse now than I did before I started the meds - by a lot.
  • Yes, I do have a call in to my doctor. She and I need to talk.
  • My father in law told me that it would take almost the full month before I started to feel better. He didn't tell me I could potentially feel a lot worse before that happened.
  • The thyroid forums I found online said that this could happen, though.
  • I have a stack of books on the thyroid waiting for me at the library. I sense some serious research coming on!
  • I only made it to the gym three days last week. I'm not going today. At this point it would just be a bad idea. When you start off feeling this bad, exercise only makes it worse.
  • I did go in for an acupuncture appointment last week, and it was very helpful. By the time I went to bed that evening, most of the anger had faded and - while my body was sluggish to respond to the treatment and never fully relaxed - I have felt better in many ways since then. I have a second appointment set up for this Friday.
  • I also might make an appointment with my therapist. Couldn't hurt.
  • I'm feeling a bit guilty about my kids. Their summer break hasn't been that much fun thus far because Mommy is just too tired to do that much with them. I'm really hoping that gets better soon.
  • I did just order a new swimsuit. Two sizes smaller than last year's!
  • Which reminds me - the bright spot in all of this medical craziness continues to be the fact that I have a new understanding that it's not about the number on the scales. How you feel is so very much more important. It's been almost two months since I weighed, and honestly I just don't care anymore.

Now...I think I'm off for a late morning rest, and then hopefully a trip to the library with the girls.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Leciawp said…
I'm sorry to hear about your medical craziness - I suspect your life will sort itself out otherwise when you are feeling better.

I was the same way about reading my whole childhood :)

Love the new look!

Popular Posts