Monday Meanderings

This is what it looks like when you stand under the center of the Bean and look up. (Picture courtesy of my brother.) Told you I was fascinated.


  • Have you ever had the universe reach out to take care of you? I have. In fact, it's happened twice today.
  • The first instance happened this AM. Just as I pushed publish on a blog post - one which I probably would have regretted later - Blogger went out. The post disappeared into the ether, and I was hit by an immediate sense of, "Thank God."
  • The second happened this afternoon. I came home from a day of outings to find that an acquaintance of mine had reached out to me via facebook because of a dream she'd had. (I've been known to do the same thing, so I think this is perfectly normal.) I opted for honesty, told her what was going on....and it turns out she may just be the person I need most to discuss the problem with as she has it herself. It was too big of a coincidence to be merely a coincidence.
  • So what's all the angst about, you might be wondering.
  • The day we left for Chicago I got a phone call from my doctor. Remember those blood tests from a few weeks ago? the ones I took because my recovery has been so awful? I honestly thought they were a waste of time and money....but it turns out that my thyroid is under performing and my TSH levels finally turned up abnormal in a test. I say finally because my family - and at least one doctor - have suspected a problem for years.
  • I'm not going to go into really any more detail about it now. Suffice it to say that while I should be happy to have an answer for a commonish problem that's easy to fix once you find the correct meds and dosage I find myself intensely angry.
  • There will be a post on anger later this week. Why? because at 36 I think it's really important to allow one's self to fully experience and feel whatever emotions one may be having - without judgement.
  • Moving on.
  • The Green Woman and I are in a bit of a mood. It's a rather unusual mood for the two of us. We are in the mood to clean, organize, purge and simplify our household.
  • You may remember that this started with the closet a couple of weeks ago. Last week found me down in the basement, getting seriously to work on our storage area. I feel a need to strike while my sense of personal attachment to stuff is gone. Who knows, it may come back...and I need to get as much done before that happens.
  • The older I get, the less attached I am to stuff anyway!
  • The Green Woman feels that once we get rid of this junk than my creativity will expand. She keeps lecturing me on her theories about why this is so. I keep ignoring her so that I can work.
  • I'm hoping that I can get through the entire house in a couple of weeks.
  • We'll see.
  • Interestingly enough, in between bouts of cleaning I find myself sitting down to intense periods of knitting.
  • Also interesting - I seem to have knitting ADD, and it's never the same project twice.
  • In fact, I have 10 projects on the needles right now, which is really odd for me.
  • Even stranger...it's not bothering me.
  • The Green Woman is snickering in the other room.
  • As part of the cleanout, I will be taking over a corner of the basement for my own studio space. It's not ideal - but it's the best I'm going to get in this house. Hopefully it will alleviate all of the personal space issues I've had for the last four years.
  • In other craft news - I'm definitely in a bead sort of mood. AND, I just found out that there's a bead store coming to town! It'll never be my primary craft, but I'm hoping to take a class or two so that I'll know enough to be able to do what I want to do.
  • Also, the embroidery stuff has come out of hiding lately. I'm considering a couple of projects....although what I really need to do is practice for a while.
  • The Green Woman thinks it's foolish to waste time on practice.
  • Boy, she's loud today.

And on that note, I think perhaps I'd better go get dinner started! The kids start swim lessons tonight, so they'll need to eat early!

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Leciawp said…
You crack me up about the bean :)

I understand about your thyroid - it's frustrating and dismaying to have a loss of good health, even if it is 'fixable' in some way. Thinking of you. xo
Shelda said…
Bead store? BEAD STORE? Where, where?

Good luck on the thyroid, both in dealing with it, and getting past the anger. Or getting into the anger, if that helps!

Popular Posts