It's Mommy's Night Off!

First, let me thank everyone who has weighed in - either via email or through comments on my proposed changes to the blog. By and large the response I got was very positive - you don't want me to change a thing, and for that I thank you! For the time being, though, I'm just going to sit back and think things through carefully. For a while I may pull most of my personal content from the blog...largely because I feel a need to protect myself and my heart right now as I seek to find the balance I need.

In the meantime, there are still lots of wonderful things to talk about.

As of right now...those wonderful things include the fact that tonight is Mommy's Night Off!

I am nothing if not a creature of habit, and so I will most likely wind up at the Starbucks which is just a few minutes from my home. They have the most comfortable chairs in town (Seriously....I'm thinking about trying to track them down so that I can buy one of my own.), and they have the benefit of being practically deserted on Wed. nights right about now. As an added bonus, they also occasionally have interesting people with whom to strike up a conversation.

The real question is what to DO while at Mommy's Night Off. The good news is that I only have about 30 minutes to prepare...which isn't enough time to pack up every single craft item/potential project I can lay my hands on. (You laugh...I've done it. The Green Woman is a strange mistress.)

Here are some options:
  1. My sock in progress will of course go with. Sometimes I find I just want a mindless knit...especially if I get really into whatever podcast/audiobook I'm listening to.
  2. I think the Princess will have to go. It takes up very little space, and I feel ready to begin working on her again.
  3. Having just completed a shawl - and frogged two others - I could start a new one....Stop laughing, Sean.
  4. gfftetrtt643tyy8iu5qwertgfdsssaasjgjuhyjhlk,,,,,,mklllhb nbvfnbvbfhyygwvvggg (This would be the Pixie's entry.)
  5. The drop spindle is a popular take-along...so long as I wear pants...which I AM! Hmm...I'm thinking wee tsunami and silk?
  6. I have a couple of long-term things that need work. I'm talking to you, Town & Country Cardigan!
  7. A book to read is sometimes a good option. AND, although I listened to the Steig Larson books last year, I did just pick up hard copies for myself....hmmm.
  8. The journal always goes with, and I do have some things I need to get out of my system.
  9. Beads...tempting, but probably a bad idea.
  10. Baby gift to work on? Nah. After last summer I have little interest in knitting baby gifts.
  11. Embroidery to practice. There's a thought.
  12. I could take the silly monkeys so that I could finish sewing them up. That's also a good thought.
The sad thing is that I'll likely be home and in bed by 8:30!

Comments

Paula said…
All of those activities sound like fun to me--except for the sewing up of the monkeys. Been there with that one! Enjoy your night off!
Leciawp said…
Yay for Mommy's Night Off, whatever time you get to bed!

Popular Posts