A Surprise Arrives...With Happy Results

To my surprise, a gift box arrived in the mail yesterday. I had completely forgotten that I had been the lucky recipient of a gift from my blog friend Margene for having been commenter #49,700 on her way to the momentous 50,000th comment. What a wonderful treat!*
Now it just so happens that I've had kind of an odd knitting week. The weather turned this last week, and we're now in the throes of miserable Missouri heat and humidity, which has left me in a semi-lethargic state. The projects I have on the needles right now are projects that I'm perfectly content to putz on, which hasn't helped, and for some reason I just haven't been interested in casting on something new. (Although I have had the sock/lace yarn bin and my beads out for an entire week trying to figure something out.)
Enter the gift yarn...which reminded me immediately of deep, shadowy places in an old-growth forest.
When I pulled out my bead box and discovered how perfectly some of my beads went with the yarn, I knew immediately that it was going to be Sivia Harding's Norwegian Woods Shawl, and that I needed to start immediately! The really exciting thing is that the yarn is Webs own Kangaroo Dyer Alpaca/Silk Laceweight....a yarn I'm very familiar with, and very fond of. No swatching required here!

I cast on before I went to bed last night and did the first wee bit. I'm VERY excited about this project!
Thank You Margene!


*PS How could she possibly have known I was going to be in a lavender sort of mood yesterday? When the chocolate arrived I was drinking a lavender/elderberry Kombucha (a summer treat) ....thinking about how very much I love the taste of lavender!

Comments

margene said…
Everything about this contest was magical, therefore the chocolate. ;-)
You've picked the perfect pattern for the yarn. It will be fabulous! The magic continues.
Paula said…
Beautiful yarn, beautiful pattern! Can't wait to see it grow. Your lace projects are amazing!
Shelda said…
I hear you about the semi-lethargic state!

Where did you find lavender/elderberry Kombucha? Sounds fabulous. Gauva has been my Kombucha-of-choice lately!
Anne P said…
Margene picks the BEST gifts. And is Laurie's soap not sniffy-good?

Beautiful color you've picked for your shawl. Can't wait to see more of it!
Leciawp said…
awesome - congrats!! hope it cools off soon..

Popular Posts