Day 5 - The Day of the Shower

This afternoon I had the great privilege of attending a baby shower for a very special baby. In fact, I think tomorrow I might dig out some pictures of the mommy-to-be and I for a post in the near future. In the meantime, this does signal the official end of my WIP series.

And so, as of 11:00 this morning I had....

One perfect pair of bunny booties.
Pattern: Debbie Bliss, Nursery Knits
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, 1 skein chocolate (003), remnants of pale pink (600)
Needles: Addi Turbo, 3.25 mm, 24 inch
No modifications at all! I've made probably a half dozen pair of these sweet little booties, and I never get tired of them! I'm just kicking myself for not taking a picture of the bottom so that I could show you how clever they really are.

And One Perfect Bonnet
Pattern: Lacy Bonnet by Erika Knight in Knitting For Two
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, 1 skein in soft pink (600)
Needles: Addi Turbo 4.5 mm (US 7), 24 inch
Mods: I simplified the ribbon ties, but other than that I didn't change a thing! This is one of my all-time favorite baby hats, and I just think it's as sweet as can be.
I completed all of the finish work on these two little gems this morning, and then carefully wrapped them up for the baby shower.
I also wrapped up the not-quite finished top. I got a laugh, but everyone understood. I included a note which explained what happened - and also gave some credit for the gift to my Mom, who paid for the yarn and then gave me a child-free week to work. Also included in the gift, and sadly not photographed, was a beautiful wooden rattle carved from a single piece of walnut.

Pattern: Matinee Coat, Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Yarn: You guessed it! 4 skeins in our pale pink. (I adore this particular color!)
Needles: Also the 3.25 mm Addis. I also am using a 3.0mm for trim
Mods: I left the basic pattern intact, but I made it completely seamless. I cast on for the entire thing at the bottom, divided it at the armholes, did a 3-needle bind-off at the shoulders and then picked up stitches for the sleeve and worked them from the top down to the cuff. It just makes sense. I've about 3-4 hours of knitting left before I can send it off to it's new home. The baby won't be here until early August anyway!

Comments

Jenn said…
Yeah! I was wondering how it all worked out... now I know! They all look great! I hope the mom-to-be loved it all (how could she not?!)
Anne P said…
The whole set came out beautifully. I love the color you picked too! I'm sure those will be ones for the "heirloom trunk" once the baby outgrows them. :)
Shelda said…
Oh, that 3/4 of a sweater is just too cute for words. Those are so sweet. I gotta see those booties. Amazing that you've made so many and I've never seen them before. But then booties tend to get made and gifted in a pretty quick sequence.

Btw, Maggie said she's definitely up for a cheese-making party.

Popular Posts