Now let's get right down to business.
I'm quite happy to report that I easily managed most of my 'must-do's' from last week. Just to show that I mean business, those three things are at the top of the list this week.
- Spin! and spin....and spin....and spin....and spin....you get the idea.
- Go to the Running Store and try to get shoes. PRAY that it works. Thanks to everyone that offered advice last week. If you knew how many seriously awful shoe situations I've been through, you would understand the angst. I went into a brief period of mourning when I discovered that the pair I own now has been discontinued as they are literally the best pair of shoes I've ever had.
- Rebuild my healthy lifestyle. To be honest, I've been doing some emotional work on myself lately, and have figured out a few things which have knocked me off balance. The band-aid has been ripped away, and it's time to let it heal and move on.
- Finish my socks. I just have the foot and toe, and I really want to move on!
- Cast on some lace with beads. I'm moving this to the top of the list because I've spent the last week staring at my seed beads and lace yarns. It's time to get moving!
- Resume my morning routine. I let go of my early morning journal writing and yoga habit while the girls were gone, and I've yet to get back to it. That's BAD! I'm always better when I do it.
- Enroll the Princess in Parent-Child Pottery at Access Arts. Should be fun!
I am delighted to tell you that I did two things on my want list last week. I DID play with my art supplies, and even produced a rather simple sketch on Sunday which I happen to be mighty pleased with. Perhaps I'll share it with you later on this week. Also, I went on a massive book binge last week, reading 5 of the Sookie Stackhouse novels in about 6 days. Summer - for me - is the time for silly, fun reading, and it was a delight! Up until I had children, I read like this all of the time, and I do miss that. (How many kids do you know that get into trouble for reading too much?)
- To consider my writing. I know this is very vague, but I'm not sure where I'm going with it at this point. It's been on my mind, though.
- MORE playing with my art supplies.
- Start knitting something with homespun. I have a touch of silliness about my homespun - as in I almost feel as if it's too sacred to be used. I need to get over that, and I do have some lovely yarns. There are ideas percolating.
- Figure out how to carve out some personal space in our home. I gave up my office when we had the Pixie, and I've struggled since then with the feeling that I have nowhere that's truly mine. For my sake, I really need to do something about this.
- Again with organizing the basement.
- Again with the cleaning of the girls' rooms.
- Learn how to embroider. I've played with it from time to time, but have never really done anything with it. I have some ideas, though....
Have a great week everyone!