Day 2

I woke this morning feeling quite hopeful about my baby gifts, having completed the hat and the main portion of the booties yesterday.* After fussing a bit over the size, I cast on for the cardigan with one big alteration. Yes, I am doing the entire thing in one piece to save time and energy....it just makes sense! I was able to complete 4 1/2 inches of the bottom today, and perhaps will be able to finish the rest of the body tomorrow. I've another two inches to go (and will most likely work on it some more tonight) before drastically reducing the stitch count. After that, it should fly!

The box you see in the picture is the original yarn order for this project. I made a last minute decision as to patterns and yarns late last Saturday and immediately placed an online order. I knew it would most likely show up today....and originally was going to just do an IOU. However, when I found out that the girls were going to stay with my parents this week I made a snap decision to go to their local yarn store as I was pretty sure they carried the same yarn. I'm sooooo glad I did it! Yep, I now have to deal with an extra batch of yarn that will have to be returned....but I've also had almost two extra days to work on my sweet baby things and probably won't have to do an IOU. I think it's worth the trouble of an extra trip to the post office!

*Full pattern details will appear in the final post of this series.

Comments

Leciawp said…
It does sound worth the extra trip. Enjoy your weekend! xoxo

Popular Posts