The Return of the Monday List!

Nothing at Art in the Park compared with this....my eldest's fishy pinch pot from Kindergarten Clay Club!

After great contemplation, I have decided to return to my Monday Lists. When it boils right down to it, they are a great way to help me stay focused and get things done. In fact, in the time since I suspended it, I've been meandering without purpose. (We've had a lot going on, too....it makes a difference.)

HOWEVER, there will be a few slight changes to the list. I am going to divide it up into three sections - the Must do's, the Want to do's and the Wishes. (Names subject to change when I have more time to think about it. The point is to take some of the pressure off of myself by clearly showing that while some things do really need to be accomplished, most of my lists are really about hope and/or ideas that are just starting to form.
Without Further Ado, my list for this week:
The Must Do's:
  1. I need to work on the baby gift for the shower next weekend. I'm actually quite ok with an IOU if it doesn't get finished - but I would like to at least have the hat and booties made. The thing is, that I completely changed my mind on Saturday about what I was going to do...and ordered the yarn late that day. Ah well, I'm happy with my decision, and so long as the yarn is here by Wednesday I should have time.
  2. Here's the good news.....The girls are going to spend the week with my parents. We came up yesterday for a short visit, and they managed to charm their grands into letting them stay. (It wasn't difficult.) I am going home early tomorrow....which means that I'll have lots of time at home by myself this week! SO.......until the yarn shows up, I'm going to work on organizing our basement storage area, which has turned into a disaster this winter.
  3. Oh, and I do want to get my latest shawl blocked...it's on this list because I don't want it to linger for weeks.
  4. Arrange babysitting for a lunchtime P.E.O. meeting next week. (We only have one daytime meeting/year, and I have to go because I have to present a program on convention.)

The Want To Do's:

  1. Do my second swatch for the Princess Shawl. That's right! Swatching has begun, and I've already given myself enough time with the first yarn to get a real feel for what it would be like to work with it. It's absolutely lovely...but the next is a blend of cashmere and silk....
  2. I would like to finish up my socks and/or make significant progress on my summer cardi. We'll see. I'm enjoying both, but am not at all in a hurry.
  3. I would also like to cast on for my 5th NaKniSweMoDo sweater. I swatched on Saturday, and may get started today.
  4. Get a haircut.
  5. Start making phone calls about music classes for the Princess and/or dance classes for myself.
  6. Figure out how to more securely attach the skirts onto the girls' Easter dresses. As suspected, hand stitching just isn't sturdy enough for two active kids.

The Wishes:

  1. A trip to Urban Arts & Crafts for a few beading supplies so that I can finish up a couple of pieces.
  2. The urge to draw and/or paint has been growing again lately. That needs work.
  3. Likewise, the urge to write is hitting hard and fast. (As in, I'm reading a very popular series that spawned a tv show now, and I keep thinking that I could do better.....) For years I felt like I had nothing to say, but I'm starting to realize that was just fear talking.
  4. Mom presented me with the new quilt she made for us, and so it's time to start thinking seriously about paint and new curtains for our bedroom.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Leciawp said…
Yay for the return of the Monday list! And yay for a week of time at Grandma and Grandpa's for the girls :)
margene said…
Smart list and a great way to tackle musts and ideas. Take some time to yourself while the girls are away. You deserve it.

Popular Posts