Socktober Perfection


Pattern: Ann Budd's instructions in The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Size: Custom fit to my foot
Gauge: about 9.5 stitches/inch
Details: 68 stitches around, 18 rows 2x2 rib, 50 rows leg, 54 rows foot
Yarn: Mountain Colors Barefoot, color Goldrush
Source: Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe
Needles: 2.25 MM Knit Picks Harmony
Comments: Since this is the first pair I've made for myself with 2.25 mm needles instead of 2.0 mm needles I had to work a bit on the foot length. I did one sock at 53 rows and the second at 55. To be honest, 54 would be perfect, but I only wanted to redo 1 toe, so I set this pair at 55. For my next pair, the only change I"ll make is to do the ribbing at 72 stitches for just a smidge of extra room.
Sorry for the lack of links! I'll try to get back to them later, but I need to get ready for a 4-hour knitting class I'm teaching this afternoon.


Comments

Popular Posts