Gratitude

I've had a rough couple of days. Nothing terrible - just lots of little things which have gone ridiculously wrong. Rather than sitting around and feeling sorry for myself, or worrying about things I can't fix, I thought I would create a list of the things I am grateful for. It feels like the right thing to do.
  1. I am rich in my family. I have a husband who loves me and wonderful children who are bright, happy and healthy.
  2. I am blessed with many talents - not the least of which are the abilities of my hands to create something out of very little.
  3. For the first time in many, many years, I am surrounded by girlfriends who give as much as they take, or maybe they give more.
  4. Plus, our relationships with our college friends continue to grow and sometimes they've grown in surprisingly beautiful ways.
  5. We have a beautiful home that serves our needs perfectly.
  6. Hey...my hair looks great!
  7. My kids have wonderful Halloween costumes made from odds and ends we had at home and two cast-off flower girl dresses. They're far better than anything from the store.
  8. I don't have to wear store-bought socks anymore. (Except for when I go running or walking.)
  9. We've had a beautiful couple of months - with weather so mild that we haven't had to use the ac or heat. I truly love this time of year.
  10. Christmas is coming!
  11. I have the capability to create beauty in my life - be it glittering Christmas ornaments or handknit lace.
  12. Princess has possibly the best kindergarten teacher in one of the best schools in our town.
  13. Pixie has friends her own age, and has become more outgoing than I expected her to be.
  14. My husband has a beard right now. He looks very handsome indeed when he's got a beard!
  15. Hard as it is sometimes, I know we made the right decision for me to stay home with the kids. Our family is better off for it.
  16. I have a lot of support in the organizations I belong to - church, guild and PEO - with people whom I respect and love in each group.
  17. My morning journaling ritual now includes a scented soy candle, Sun Salutations and an entire hour to myself. It is a beautiful thing - and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

There now...I do feel better!

Comments

Leciawp said…
You are an inspiration - making a list of the good things when things are going wrong. I'm going to have to remember that. Good for you for creating time for yourself!

Popular Posts