Sidelined

Tuesday afternoon I noticed an ever-so-slight tickle in my throat. By the time I went to bed that night the tickle had exploded into a full-blown cold, and I've been fairly miserable every since. (Once again, we must all thank the powers that be for my skills in sleeping upright on the uber-couch.) I suppose it's not as bad as it could be - thanks to Nasopure, lots of Traditional Medicinal's cold teas and a few well-timed cold pills - but having to chase the girls around means that I'm not quite getting the rest I probably need. Ah well. At least it's only temporary.

The good news is that I did finish the second front piece for Forestry on Tuesday, and yesterday I worked the first six and a half inches of both sleeves. If I can finish a sleeve today and a sleeve tomorrow than I can seem up on Saturday and get started on the collar. Both are done in simple stockinette, so it should be a breeze. Of course, all other craft/hand work for the week has been tossed aside in order to accomplish this...but then having a brand new sweater to wear next week will make it totally worthwhile.

For no good reason, I decided yesterday to participate in Socktoberfest. I have three simple goals for the month.
  1. Teach my husband to knit his own socks
  2. Use sock yarn leftovers to make socks for both girls
  3. Knit one pair for myself (to replace the pair I'm wearing right now which threatens to fall apart at any second...which will be sad)

I could probably come up with a whole host of other nutty goals....but the fact of the matter is that I have to finish the Pixie's sweater and start on my husband's cardigan ASAP!

Comments

Lolly said…
For no good reason? Those are three GREAT reasons to participate in Socktoberfest :)

Popular Posts