Breaking Free

This last week has been very hard. On top of my work for the alpaca show, I've been spending a very great deal of time with my duties as president of my PEO chapter. On Thursday - after 2 hours on the phone about PEO matters - I decided I'd had it. (That two hours followed literally 3 days of phone calls and paperwork.) The Pixie and I packed up on the spur of a moment and ran to Stephens Lake, our favorite of the local park. A good, brisk 30 minute walk on the trails and an hour at the playground left us feeling renewed. The Green Woman, who has been a bit annoyed with the sheer amount of 'work' going on lately around here, approved so much that she sent me back to the park yesterday as well. The Pixie and I picked up our Princess at school and went straight to the park for another two hours of play. We needed it!





Comments

Leciawp said…
Beautiful pictures!! Looks like you had a wonderful stretch of well-deserved play.
Jenny said…
I think I was at Stephens Lake at the same time you were, only I was on the opposite side of the lake, knitting and enjoying the beautiful day. Glad you got outside with the girls!
Paula said…
What happy girls! You did the right thing!

Popular Posts