Two


Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran - color 121 (taupe) - 12 skeins
Addi Turbo, US 7 (4.5mm) 16, 24 and 32 inch - KnitPicks Options DPN's, US 7
On and Off the Needles - January 14 - 31, 2009

What to say? I bought the yarn for this sweater last summer - a special order from Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe - and then it just sat and sat and sat. I'm a little bit embarrassed, actually, as this was meant to be a Christmas present for my husband. (Remember the Every-Other-Year sweater plan?)
So what happened?
Well, as usual I got in my own way. Back when we started to discuss this sweater, I gave my husband a list of sweaters to choose from. Now, my husband is - like many men - very particular about his sweaters. He likes plain, snug-fitting pullovers in neutral colors. The Cobblestone Pullover was a no-brainer.
However, one of us got hung up on the idea that he perhaps needed a cardigan because he already had a couple of pullovers. (We rather good-naturedly argued last night about who started the cardigan idea. I still think it was him.) We selected a pattern, the yarn came home, and...
Nothing happened.
In fact, every time I picked up the needles to cast on and swatch I found that there were lots of things I would rather be doing.
Just after Christmas, I looked at my husband and said, "Honestly, do you think you would wear a cardigan?" He said, "No," and instantly I wanted to start knitting for him again. It became my second NaKniSweMoDo sweater, and after a month of marathon sweater knitting, we both have new sweaters.

As soon as he tried it on yesterday, he said it had become his new favorite hand-knit sweater. I must admit, he looks rather handsome in it!

Comments

Shelda said…
It's fab! And I'm just SO impressed that you've finished two sweaters already. You go!

I love how things can get so strangely convoluted, and then a simple conversation can untwist them, and you're ready to move again!
Bonnie said…
Great sweater! The color and fit are perfect.
Leciawp said…
Great looking sweater and handsome husband! I agree about the cardigan - too reminiscent of Mr. Rogers.
margene said…
It looks fabulous on him! He looks like he loves it, too! Way to go.uaru
Paula said…
He does look quite handsome in the sweater. Great job and perfect fit! I like the rustic look of the yarn with that pattern.

Popular Posts