The Every-Other-Year-Sweater Plan

On our way out of town last week, the girls and I stopped by Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe to pick up a special order of mine. This yarn is Queensland Collection's Kathmandu Aran, and it is destined to become a cardigan for my husband.

My husband, bless his heart, LOVES the sweaters I've made for him. Shortly after I presented him with the last sweater, he made a joke about being on an every-other-year sweater plan, and...well....it stuck. I'm a lucky knitter indeed to have a spouse who truly appreciates, loves and uses the sweaters I make. Not all of my friends are so fortunate.

Knowing this was the year, I spent months looking at various yarn options before settling on this one. I knew I had to have the yarn by July if I was going to get a sweater done in time for cold weather, but was honestly getting a bit nervous because I hadn't found anything that really spoke to me. Several weeks ago, on a now-rare trip to the yarn store, I decided to check out the Kathmandu Aran to see if they had any colors I liked. I found this one on the top shelf, and fell instantly in love with it's subtle browns and greys.

Now I just need to get to work....

Comments

Unknown said…
Hurray! Now I won't freeze this Winter. :D
Paula said…
Oh, that yarn looks totally luscious and very manly! My husband loves the sweaters I've made for him also. He wears some that are over 25 years old now. He taught our sons well; they appreciate the handknits also!

I had to chuckle over your sewing entry. I used to sew a lot but now I only sew at gunpoint.

Popular Posts