Before we discuss 2016, though, let's take a wee look back at my resolutions for 2015 and see how I did!
- This might sound silly, but I resolve to actually USE my corner of the office in 2015. - This happened! I now love my little corner of the basement....but the caviat is that the lack of door is still a major problem. Specifically, I love my little corner if it's early in the morning before anyone else is up - or if they are gone for the day - but once the family is up it's all over...especially since the girls have taken over the main portion of our basement.
- Design my own knitting projects. - This did not happen. I have no ideas and a lot of fear.
- Branch out a bit with my handwork/creative work. - I don't know what I was thinking, or what my intent was on this one...but no.
- In 2014 I managed a 2 month period of 100% compliance on my allergy diet. I will be working on a three month period of compliance before my April appointment. - In the original resolution I had decided that what I really needed to do was to let go of long term lofty goals and try to stick to much smaller compliance goals. The fact of the matter is that I completely failed at that pre-April appointment goal...but as you know, magic has happened since. I've been fully compliant since April 16th, and because of that my life continues to get better and better.
- Add strength training and yoga to my exercise schedule. - HA! I have good intentions.....
- Get back to blogging on a regular basis. - It was better than it was the year before, and that's all I care about.
- Rebuild my regular journaling practice and finish my project of revisiting all of my old journals. - This I did, and though the old journal project remains slow it remains both enlightening and healing. My journal...well, I love my journal, and I am happy to have a better relationship with it.
- I've two major organization projects that I've been avoiding for a long time - our photos and our storage area. - Some progress was made on the digital photo front...but the giant box full of prints still needs work. The storage area....matches, anyone?
- Reduce the distractions in my life. - I took two very intentional breaks from my online presence, and it was amazing. I have definitely cut back my social media time, and am working to make sure I don't fall back into bad habits with the rest.
- Learn something new. - I did! I learned double knitting, and it was awesome!
With that out of the way -
Kristin's 2016 New Year's Resolutions! and goals...maybe these should be called goals instead? That sounds about right.
- Run an average of 50 miles/month
- Run 2 1/2 marathons
- Add the strength training and yoga! for reals this time!
- Continue on with full compliance on my allergy rotation diet...there are a few tweaks I'd like to try to figure out some curious, and lingering, problems.
- Journal every day
- Find new ways to celebrate the holidays. (ie. w/o food)
- Fully declutter the house, and get those blasted photos dealt with.
- Knit 2-4 sweaters for myself from existing stash - which requires a level of creative thinking at times that's super good for me.
- In fact, work through as much of my stash as possible...with no more than 3 new purchases.
- Reclaim my spinning wheel
- Sean's sweater
- Design? Another long talked about thing....
- Time for a grand project...I'm thinking another massive Shetland Lace shawl
- Work through the Artist's Way
- Find a way to contribute financially to the family
- There are some relationships that I've let fall by the wayside for a variety of ridiculous reasons. I'm going to fix that this year.
- Write more letters...because they are awesome!