We knew that today would be a snow day.
School was canceled before bedtime last night, much to the delight of my two daughters and the two friends we have staying at the house this week.
Snow days are, after all, pretty darn wonderful.
With twice the normal amount of children in the house, and with the tv and most of the toys being downstairs, I decided to pack up my creative life and move it to my bedroom for the day, where I was guaranteed a small amount of privacy.
I think it took four trips to move everything I wanted up to my room.
In the end, of course, I didn't end up having that much time to myself. Four children do need a certain amount of wrangling, and two of them did have their evening activities in session.
But still, I managed to get some things done.
- Cleaned out my knitting bag
- Dug out an old magazine so that I could use a pattern in it.
- Knit a swatch for my next sweater project.
- I was a good little knitter and washed the swatch, too.
- Wound down the yarn for three separate projects - a total of 12 skeins, which takes a while!
- Spent some time going through my collection of mitten books, which is more extensive than I'd remembered and should be utilized a lot more
- Started a pair of mittens for my youngest
- Washed a newly finished scarf so that it could be blocked
- Pulled out my finish work basket, and went through the contents. (Although I - ahem - didn't actually do any work from it.)
- Let my youngest go through the sock yarn basket to pick out yarn. She wants more socks. That makes me very happy!
- Put in a few rows on the pair of socks I'm currently working on.
- Reorganized my basket of leftover sock yarn...this has to be done periodically because it starts to look rather ragged when I'm digging around in it constantly as the balls start to unwind.
I love snow days.