Black & Gold

I'm not going to lie.  This yarn was a newby sock knitting mistake. 
 
I found it on KnitPicks back before they made their own yarn, and was so enamored by the idea of knitting socks in the colors of the beloved university that my entire family attended that I ordered enough to make socks for everyone.  (In my defense, it was deeply discounted.)
 
Here we are, a decade later, and I'm STILL trying to use it all up...and am now thoroughly sick and tired of black and gold sock yarn!
 
Sigh.
 
Live and learn....live and learn.
 
Having said all of that, this yarn was exactly what I needed to make a special Christmas gift for my BRF*, who is a passionate fan of all things MU and a spectacular friend.
 
This is a hard one to surprise someone with - the custom fit is important to me - so I presented her with the yarn when we did our gift exchange and took her measurements then.  I finally had time to get to work over this last week, and whipped them out in no time!
MU Socks for my BRF
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Mult
Bee Stripe - 1.25 skeins
KnitPicks Harmony DPN's - US 1, 2.25mm
64 stitches around, 72 rows 2x2 ribbing in leg, 57 rows foot
January 3 - 26, 2016
 
The bad news....there's still enough yarn left to make one more pair of socks....
 
*Best Running Friend


Comments

Popular Posts