Random Thought On A Week

  • We went to see the newest Harry Potter movie last night. As we were walking down the hall, we overtook an elderly couple who were also looking for their theater. (It was a rush hour show, there were no ushers.) We exchanged movies - they were going to see the Proposal - and laughed about trying to find our way around. As we moved ahead a bit, the man muttered, "I'd rather be seeing Harry Potter. I just LOVE being dragged to chick flicks." My husband - who, for the record, I've NEVER taken to a chick flick - made a manly comment about how 'it never ends, then?!' and we went into the theater. Afterwords, we agreed that it was one of the funniest things we'd heard in a long time.
  • Sesame Balls with red bean paste may just be my new favorite desert. My sweet tooth has almost disappeared with my new health regimen, and these have just the hint of sweetness that I wanted.
  • There is never anything bad to eat at Bangkok Gardens.
  • Because of that, it is one of the few places where I like to try something new every time.
  • Our bedroom is clean, and after a wee bit of work this morning our closet will be as well.
  • Having said that, I'm going to dump some of the stuff on my to-do list. This is sadly as close as I ever get to a vacation, and so I might as well enjoy some of my time. I'm going to give myself all afternoon today, and potentially most of tomorrow, too.
  • I miss my personal trainer. She's doing an endurance river race this week, and while it's good practice for me to get used to working out when my training package is through I'm starting to realize just how valuable her support and help really is.
  • My girls have slept in the tent 3 of the last 4 nights. My father is apparently half paralyzed from sleeping on the ground, but he's loving every minute of it. Apparently daily ice cream and staying up until dark are par for the course at Grandma and Grampa's house.
  • It's going to be a rough week getting them used to the routine again....normal reentry after a trip to the farm is 2-4 days, but given the camping and ice cream it could be worse this time.
  • I finally got to try out my new running shoes this morning - the first pair wasn't supportive enough and my feet were cramping in them. I think this is going to be a match! A big thanks to the staff at the Starting Block for helping me out. It's been a month-long process as my shoes have to be special ordered. (Extra wides, thank you very much!)
  • And now, I must take a shower as I smell bad. The Green Woman wants me to hurry up because she wants to play with fiber and yarn all day.

Comments

Anne P said…
It sounds like a totally brilliant vacation. Really... decadent? :)
Shelda said…
Sounds like it's being a fun weekend. And good for you for shortening the to-dos a bit!
Leciawp said…
Sounds like an awesome week for everyone :) Well written narrative.

Popular Posts