Miracles

Let me introduce you to Gabi. Gabi is the very special baby for whom I made the bunny booties, the lace bonnet and the matinee jacket.
I had the great privilege of meeting her today - at the fine age of 36ish hours old. I've not ever enjoyed meeting someone else's baby quite so much...nor have I ever shed so many tears of joy for another family.
Mom Becky and I were very close during high school. Honestly, I don't remember when we first met, only that we bonded through countless rabbit shows and the happy coincidence of shared church camps. Although we lived well over an hour apart, our mothers helped us to spend as much time together as we wanted. Becky was the very best girlfriend that I had during those tough years, and I'm delighted that we are reconnecting now.
Becky and her husband Rick have been waiting for this little bundle of joy for a very, very long time. Their story really isn't mine to tell, but I will say that this particular baby truly deserves to be called a miracle. She's a reminder that sometimes wonderful things happen when we least expect them, and that we should never give up on hope.
Welcome to the world Gabi, and congratulations Rick and Becky. You are going to be one amazing family.

Comments

margene said…
They are a darling family and you can see in the faces what good parents they'll be. She's a very cute babe!
Leciawp said…
Sooo sweet!! Both the tale of your long friendship and that precious baby. xoxo
Paula said…
What a little bundle of happiness! I have a feeling there is more knitting in your future for this little one. Thanks for sharing your story of friendship.

Popular Posts