- Spin every day.
- Work through all Angel x2 alpaca fiber.
- Fill my drop spindle.
- Begin spinning blue merino
My reasons for said goals are:
- I really want to make sure that spinning is a daily habit - and not a victim of random spurts as it is now.
- I have already started spinning this beautiful fiber, and want to make sure that it is as consistent as possible - which means spinning it all up at the same time. Angel is a lovely two-toned Huacaya Alpaca roving from Alpacas d'Auxvasse. (Yes, the alpaca's name is Angel.) I purchased some of it through our local guild sale last December, and then quickly fell in love and contacted the farm to purchase everything bit they had left. I began with 26.2 oz., and have only spun up about 6 of that.
- Until last summer I had never spun on a drop spindle. I was back to spinning again after a tenish year hiatus, and had quickly discovered that my beloved old wheel just wasn't going to cut it anymore. At 15 I had been able to do whatever I wanted on it. At 34, I needed a wheel with more versatility. While I was contemplating my options, I ordered a drop spindle from *Golding Fiber Tools, selecting a 1.3 oz butterfly. I love that silly spindle, but I've not given it the time it deserves.
- I have my reasons.
Tomorrow: My family's obsession with the Tour De France.
*Drat the luck, I just looked at their website, and they have some GORGEOUS new designs! SOoooo tempting!