Single No More!



Fiesta Feet Bright Kit from Tradewind


(kit included 2 skeins Koigu in cream and 1 skein in bright rainbow)


2.25 mm Knit Picks Harmony DPNs


Dec. 7, 2010 - July 30, 2011




One wee mod...I picked up an extra stitch at the base of each side of the heel flap to make a tighter corner.




Other than that, I followed the directions exactly as written...which is kind of new for me!


The heel flap stitch was fun.
I did not care so much for the bobbles and the leg pattern. They were both really, really slow and were hard on my needles.

My favorite part was the crazy birdtrack pattern!

(And for the record, this is the best picture of the color I managed....they are much more vibrant in person than they appear in most of these photos.)



Would you believe it only took me one day to do the entire bird track/foot section of the second sock?! Really! That's how much I liked that part!


I bought the kit after taking a workshop with Lucy through my guild, the Columbia Weavers and Spinners Guild, back in late 2003. I had fallen in love with her sample pair...really with almost ALL of her samples...and decided that I needed something fun to knit. When I received the kit I took an initial dislike to the rainbow skein, which is probably why the kit was then shoved to the back of my stash. As you know, though, part of the reason why my friend Shelda and I took on our sock project, though, was to tackle this exact sort of problem....sock projects that have been haunting us for one reason or another.



To my great surprise, when knit up the rainbow yarn transformed into something magical. Once I saw that it was just a matter of getting it done.....and some of the stitch patterns slowed that down quite a bit as they just weren't my favorites.

To be honest, I don't love them. I like them a great deal, and I'm looking forward to wearing warm and toasty socks this winter. (My husband rightly says they look awfully warn. Colorwork socks have an extra layer, which is part of why I love them.) However, they are rather over the top for me, and in the end I find I prefer my colorwork to be more of the traditional variety. Fiesta Feet are, in my opinion, a case of too much is too much.

But I'm still glad I made them!

Comments

Shelda said…
Wow! Good for you that you kept at it and finished them. I imagine it feels pretty good to have done so!
Leciawp said…
I can see the softness!

Popular Posts