The Sheep Run At Twilight


Available through Ravelry at the link above
Yarn is Koigu KPPPM
3 Skeins I obtained through a Ravelry swap
Sorry, I didn't keep the bands for the numbers.

Knit Picks Harmony DPN's - 2.25 mm

June 23 - July 7, 2011

The only modification I made was to add 12 stitches around the circumference of the sock for a total of 76 stitches. There is no way it would have fit otherwise (standard 64 st. sock pattern - which I always think is too crazy lose of a gauge for normal wear).

It was a lucky, lucky guess that 76 stitches would give me the fit I wanted. I still haven't figured out why that worked out so well given all of the redo's I've had to do in this crazy sock project...but I'm not going to complain.


There is one modification I would make if I had to do it all over again, and that is that I would change the heel from stockinette to one of the more standard heel flaps with slip stitches on alternate rows. It does concern me that durability was sacrificed for cute (and those two wee sheep looking back are cute). Also, the fit is a bit wonky because the flap is looser than it would have been with a standard stitch pattern.


Of all of the socks that I've ever knit, these are now my favorites....and I can't wait until the weather is cool again so that I can wear them!

Comments

Leciawp said…
Eep - these are adorable!!!
KR said…
WOW!! These are sooo impressive! I am truly amazed. :) I love these socks. SO BEAUTIFUL! :)

~Kristin
Shelda said…
They're fabulous! And the time it took you to finish would seem to indicate your sock mojo is back ;)

Popular Posts