Christmas In July

I had no sooner found my place at our table when my friends from the guild began to present me with leftover sock yarn for my blanket. I squealed in delight...what fun! It really was just like Christmas in July. This jem came from Jenny. Jenny is one sister in a tremendously talented family. (Her sister Bonnie has already sent me some scrap yarn.) Jennie is soft spoken and kind. She's probably forgotten more about fiber arts than most people will ever know, and just so happens to have been the Princess's weaving teacher. I simply can't imagine our group without her!

Colleen had an entire bag full of goodies. Of all of the wonderful things I could tell you about Colleen, I think I will stick to one sweet memory. When the Pixie was a wee three weeks old I took her to a guild meeting so that she could meet my favorite knitters. Colleen quickly claimed my Pixie, and held her for the entire evening. I will never forget the look on her face...she's a woman with a lot of love to give.

As always, my friend Shelda - she of the yearlong sockathon - also had a few little balls of yarn for me. Almost every month now I get the leftovers from one or two pair, and I think it's wonderful that my partner in crime will be so strongly represented in my blanket!

Comments

Leciawp said…
sounds like a wonderful thing!

Popular Posts