Some Random

This is where I've been spending a lot of time lately. The chairs in the kitchen are falling apart, as is the linoleum underneath, so it seemed a wise plan to move elsewhere. My husband has always called this the "Sweet Spot" on our sectional...and I must say it is a good place to set up knitting/crafting operations. We've since moved a lamp to that corner for better lighting. It's a bit ridiculous...how much I love our couch....
Craft Stuff:
  • I haven't been able to get much done for the last week because we've been living in a house of high drama and lots of illness.
  • Seriously, I need a break.
  • I did rip out that shawl last night and am going to cast back on tonight, going up 2 needle sizes. Honestly, it's a fast knit, and so I don't mind at all.
  • Besides, the more I get to work with handspun, the better!
  • I owe you LOTS of FO posts....for the girls' Christmas sweaters, for my husband's sweater, for the clogs, for my vest.....Ouch, I'm behind!
  • I raided my fiber stash for some pretty pink to give my daughter....and managed to give her a pretty worthless braid of merino/tencel that we way matted. Oh well, it was an etsy purchase and it's the only thing I bought from that seller. Live and learn.
  • Now I have to find pink fiber for the child....hmmm.
Allergy/Health Stuff:
  • I am happily back on my allergy diet. Yay me!
  • I took a two week break from it for the holidays, and that was a mistake.
  • Then I decided to ease back into it rather than go cold turkey..which was both good and bad. I'm not sure which is the better plan.
  • Just an FYI - ice cream and yogurt (neither of which I've had in months) are evil.
  • Pizza (which I did have during my break) is also evil.
  • A blessing...Patric Chocolate, which is made here in town, doesn't seem to bother me at all. I'm guessing this is due to the fact that it only has three ingredients - Cocoa Beans, Cane Sugar and Cocoa Butter - and my preference for 70% dark, which is low in sugar anyway. I eat it rarely, but it's awfully nice to have something available when I'm desperate!
  • I literally haven't been able to go to the gym since Thanksgiving because of illness/holidays/snow days/etc. It's really stunk.
  • SO, this week I'm starting over...and man! Does it ever feel good to be back!
Kid Stuff:
  • The girls are still traumatized about the Guinea Pigs, and we're considering some options.
  • Nothing will be done until the school is out, though, because I don't want to deal with anything else until my babysitting job is over for the year.
  • We had two snow days last week...and will probably have one tomorrow. (It's starting now...)
  • The girls took turns being sick last week....
  • and the Princess's bout with the evil bug ruined all of our plans for the weekend..... including a trip home to visit my parents and celebrate Mom's birthday.
  • She had also been invited to a sleepover (I don't know the parents, and so I would have said no anyway.), and knowing she had missed not one but TWO parties pretty much trashed her mood for the rest of the weekend.

Random Random:

  • I'm taking book suggestions for my upcoming vacation.
  • I'm also taking suggestions for which crafts to pack....there will be sixish hours on the plane (during which I'll have to wrangle children) as well as four days on a cruise ship where the girls will be happily checked into the children's area. Ahhh....
  • Redoing the kitchen floor is now a priority.
  • As is reupholstering/reinforcing the bottoms of our dining chairs.
  • Don't have much else.

Comments

fleegle said…
Oh yes, that does look like a comfortable spot!

I admire your ability to work on Princess. I got two repeats of the border done and knew that there was no way I could proceed. Any pictures?

Of course you love the green yarn. I doubt the Green Woman would love any other color!
Leciawp said…
Yay for an upcoming vacation! It sounds like an eventful week - hang in there, it's almost the weekend. xo

Popular Posts