The FO Parade Begins!

Vining Vest
Cheryl Beckerich, Interweave Knits Weekends 2010
Cascade Yarns Eco+ - 2 skeins
Addi Turbo, 24" US 10
Dec 1-7, 2010
This project is sadly a FAIL. The fit is horrid despite repeated swatching and careful blocking, the shoulders poke out like crazy epaulets, and the arm holes don't hang like they are supposed to. I think part of the blame is mine...the original pattern called for alpaca, which would have given considerable more drape than wool. I'm thinking that the seams at the shoulders would have been softer in alpaca, preventing the ugly, pointy shape they have in my version.
Having said all of that, I would love to try this vest again at some point. It was a super-fast knit, and with a little bit of tweaking to remove the shoulder seams I think it could work as intended. Not soon, though....I have too many other projects to work on!
AND, I would also like to add that I am now hopelessly in love with this yarn. Eco Wool is fantastic in every way possible....it feels good to work with, blocks well, shows of the stitches/cables beautifully, etc., etc., etc. I will definitely be working with Eco Wool again.
My 50th Pair of Socks!
Ann Budd's basic sock recipe from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Opal Speckles
Knit Picks Harmony DPN's - 2.25 mm
November 10, 2010 - January 20, 2011
When I bought my very first sock yarn, I didn't realize that you only needed one skein of Opal to make a pair of socks....so I bought two. It seemed only right and proper to then make a commemorative 50th pair out of the same yarn that I used for my very first pair...only this time I'm keeping them. (The first pair was made for Dad.) I absolutely love them - AND, now that I have finished them I feel like I'm free to move on to other sock projects.

Comments

Bonnie said…
Congrats on 50 socks! Very cool!

Too bad about vest ... but, it was a very quick knit. It wouldn't make long to make another.
Leciawp said…
You've made a LOT of socks :)

Popular Posts