The Last Of The FO Parade



by Lisa Lloyd in A Fine Fleece
Cascade 220 Heathers, 9 skeins
Addi Turbos - US 8 and 6
September 24, 2009 - December 29, 2010
Pattern Modifications:
  1. I eliminated the side seams, working the body in one piece and then dividing for the armholes.
  2. I worked the sleeves in the round to eliminate that seam as well. (This does, of course, mean that I had to set the sleeves into the armholes and sew them in. I also had to sew in the saddles.)
  3. To get the best fit, I used the 42 inch (M) numbers, but then knit to the lengths used by the largest size. My husband prefers a close fit...but he is pretty tall and spindly.
Comments:
  1. It's no wonder I was so annoyed with this sweater....I let the project hibernate on the needles for way too long! Never again.
  2. I was very, very lucky with the yarn. I had originally intended to make this sweater for myself - purchasing enough yarn to make the large size so that I could have a cozy weekend sweater. Lucky Duck me, that was just enough with the modifications I made.
  3. Cables are still my mother's thing, and not mine. I love the finished look, but they just aren't my favorite thing to knit.
  4. The husband is very happy, and spent several days circling the sweater as I did the finish work and blocked it. He's a smart man!

Comments

margene said…
It's stunning and he'll wear it forever! Beautiful work, Kristin...you should be very proud of your accomplishment.
Bonnie said…
What a stunning cabled sweater, and a perfect fit! Congrats!
Anne P said…
It came out BEAUTIFULLY! Great color, and stellar craftmanship (as usual). I can see why he loves it.
Leciawp said…
I love it - the color, the style... cardigans are my favorite type of sweater, as I find I'm constantly needing to take off/put on something throughout the day. And, they are very versatile.
Shelda said…
Wow! Having seen only the flat pieces, and having forgotten the original, I'm really wowed by the final product. That's flippin' gorgeous! The Cascade 220 heather is really nice. I bet he's going to love that sweater, and it fits him like a dream.

Knit on!

Popular Posts