The First Workbasket Of 2011

For the most part, I'm just obsessed with the leftover sock yarn blanket....which is really too big to get into one photo.I've done 91 squares in 10 days - which is 3 x as many as I need to have done to stay on track to finish it in one year. (Why yes, this OCD knitter sat down with a tape measure and calculator to figure out how many squares she would need to get the finished size she wants! Weighed the leftover yarn on my kitchen scales to see about how far I'd get, too.)
I had planned on weaving in the ends today - don't want that job to get out of control - but I, ahem, may have left my knitting tool bag at Starbucks yesterday morning...and we are now snowed in. Why on earth I don't have any needles stashed elsewhere is a mystery. Hopefully I'll be able to get out tomorrow so that I can pick it up. Originally I had fussed a bit over color placement, but I shouldn't have worried. As I had hoped, when you step back from the blanket the overall look is what really matters....and for it the more random, the better. It's helping me to relax a bit, and I find that I'm really enjoying the process.
Of course, it's not the only thing I'm working on. I'm very close to finishing Sean's cardigan, and hopefully today will be able to do the neck and buttonbands. Then - once I get those needles back - I can weave in the ends, and voila! I'm ordering some really cool buttons from Schoolhouse..and I just can't wait!
I've the first sock done from my 50th pair, but I've set them aside for a bit so that....
I can hurry up and finish my December socks, which sadly have been set to the side for all of the projects shown above. I don't want to fall any further behind, so I have a feeling this will be what I work on this evening.
I don't know what exactly is wrong with this particular project. I love the yarn, I love the colors, I love the pattern, I love finished versions on Ravelry....and yet I'm not loving knitting it. I think it's going to have to go into hibernation for a while because I certainly have other things I'd rather knit. (More on that tomorrow!)
In the background, there's always the Princess. I'm going to shoot for adding a repeat/day until the edging is done. I think this is going to be her year!

Comments

Unknown said…
You have quite a variety of projects going. I love the cables and the lace.
Paula said…
You are really moving along on the sock blanket. I can see how that would be addictive. "Just one more square."

Popular Posts