After a couple of days of hard work, I hit a milestone this evening when I managed to finish all of the mini-socks I needed to complete my set. I now have one mini sock for every single pair of socks that I've knit....all 50 of them.
The little ones you see above are mostly representative of the patterned socks that I've done, which is why I had let them hibernate for so long. I try to incoporate as many details from the original pair of socks as possible - although often because of the size and scale I have to make alterations and occasionally it's just impossible to translate the design.
Unfortunately, they are difficult to photograph with my camera, so I can't get really great shots of the details. Ah well, you'll just have to take my word for it...they are fantastic!
AND, I can most assuredly promise you that I will no longer be setting the yarn aside when I finish a pair of socks to make my mini somewhere down the line. My BKB suggested I make the mini in between sock one and sock two, and I think that's a fine, fine idea.