Tudor Grace...Take Two!

A few months ago, I walked into Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe and was absolutely delighted to find two skeins of Dream in Color Classy in the sale bin for 50% off. Now, I'm not ordinarily one to get that excited about sale yarn, but these two skeins just so happened to match what I used to make the girls' hats last year. So of course they had to come home with me! All along they were intended as matching projects, although I decided to let the girls decide what exactly they wanted. The Princess wanted a scarf...and she knew exactly what pattern she wanted. You see, I had given the Pixie my own Tudor Grace scarf earlier this winter because it went so well with her hat (and not with anything I owned!).

And so, the Princess now has a new scarf! Pattern: Tudor Grace by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Dream In Color Classy - 1 skein, Cool Fire
Needles: Addi Turbo, 24 inch, US8/5.0mm
Time: January 8-10, 2010
Mods: I increased the needle size quite a bit and then reduced the pattern repeats to just three for what turned out to be the perfect sized scarf for a 7-year-old. I had intended to knit until I ran out of yarn, but the Princess got impatient and told me when to stop!
Further note: She took it as soon as it was off of the needles, and I didn't see it again for well over a week. Thus, it wasn't washed and blocked until two days ago....and now she loves it even more because she can see the pattern!

On a side note...I happen to really like this picture of my daughter!

Comments

Bonnie said…
Perfect hat and scarf--and perfect color!!!
Anne P said…
Hard not to like the picture when she is just so darn adorable in all that pink! :) Obviously she loves her scarf.
Shelda said…
That's lovely! And it is a fine picture.
Sus said…
Serendipitous bargain yarn -- what's not to love? Also, I like the mods for a smaller scarf. Very cute!
Paula said…
Lovely photo of The Princess. Such a sweet smile. Who could resist Smooshy at 50% off? The color is delicious.

Popular Posts