First FO of 2010

Truthfully, this was to be the last FO of 2009...but I forgot to take the extra needle needed for the last few rows with me to our New Years Eve party/overnight. We were still an hour away from our friends house when I had to put my lovely hat away....and I finished it as soon as we got home.

The yarn was my Christmas gift from my sister-in-law, brought back from the trip she and my brother took to Ireland a few months ago with her parents. (Lucky ducks!) I fell head over heels in love with those two precious skeins as soon as I opened the package, and knew I wanted to knit them up immediately. To my delight, I soon discovered that I had enough for the hat I had been craving for some time now. Even better, we're having a record cold winter, and I really needed a new hat!
Project Specs:
Pattern - Laurel by Jared Flood in Made in Brooklyn
Yarn - Kilcarra Aran Tweed, 2 skeins (The company has no web site that I can find. The Erins picked up the yarn on the Aran Isles, where apparently I would be a very, very happy knitter.)
Needles - Addi Turbo, 16 inch US 2 and 6
Time to Knit - Dec. 26, 2009 - Jan. 1, 2010

This project was intensely satisfying on so many levels. It was a fun Christmas project (and everyone should receive something to do or to read for Christmas!), it fed the deep craving for wool that I've had lately, the color was beautiful, it was a quick - but not mindless - knit, and I wound up with a finished project that I will use often.
Thank You VERY MUCH! to my sister-in-law!
And also to my brother, who had the very good sense in choosing such a partner.

Comments

Bonnie said…
Wow - perfect combination of yarn and pattern. I hadn't paid much attention to that particular pattern in Made in Brooklyn. Yours really makes it look great!
Anne P said…
What a beautiful color! It will look stunning with your hair. That was the perfect knitter's gift, eh? :)

Popular Posts