Snow Day!

We've known since Tuesday that there was likely to be no school today....


But still, sigh, why do my kids have to be so crazy on snow days? It's only two in the afternoon, and I'm ready to ship them both off with the nearest caravan of gypsies.

As our normal schedule has been tossed out the window, we've found some different things to do. For example:
  • Without access to the gym (the playroom is closed when the schools are closed) I decided to work out by shoveling the driveway. 40 min. of solid cardio - done! I would also be doing my favorite workout DVD if I could find it....
  • Now that I have an awesome new iPod (Thank you to my husband...it was my birthday gift last month!), with enough memory to hold my podcasts AND music, I can actually import all of my musicals into iTunes so that I can listen to them. My husband had already converted much of our music collection, but I'm afraid musicals just aren't his thing. No matter, a couple of snow days should take care of it. I have to admit that it's been a lot of fun to go down my own musical memory lane.
  • Another computer project - My Daily Plate, the website I use to track my food, is in the process of changing their format. The good news is that the recipe function is now MUCH better, and so I may be entering in recipes this afternoon.
  • I'm in a weird mood, and so I'm sorting and cleaning like crazy. If I could guarantee the girls would stay busy and give me time, I'd even hit our storage area.
  • I managed to find my old bird feeder in the basement, and so I rigged the hook so that if it falls again it will fall onto the deck instead of to the ground below. We're having fun watching the birds again! (and so are the cats...)
  • I'm letting the girls have some latitude that I normally wouldn't.....extra computer time, cartoons, movies...that sort of thing. They are happy for now.
  • Oh, and I'm the, "BEST Mom in the WORLD!" again because I unearthed about 10 more books for my eldest when sorting a couple of boxes earlier today. She's trying to figure out how to get to the library despite the weather.
  • I did let the Princess go outside for a while. She was very well bundled, but only lasted about 15 minutes. Mommy did well keeping her, "I told you so," inside.
  • There will, of course, be some knitting going on at some point today. Tonight was supposed to be Mommy's Night Off, but given the weather I don't think I'm going anywhere. I suspect I'll lock myself in my bedroom as soon as my husband comes home from work. He did apologize this morning for leaving me with the crazy kids.....

Comments

Leciawp said…
Yay for snow days - and for finding such good exercise outdoors! (I hate gyms and only exercise by running. Shoveling sounds fun too.)

I always get major organizing fever in January - I think it's because the house has felt crowded so long with the decorations, tree etc and I want to purge things...lots of things!
fleegle said…
We got a snow day too--looks like a whole 1/8" on the ground :)

Popular Posts