Spending The Day In Bed

My sweet, little Pixie spiked a fever late Tuesday night. The poor creature is almost never ill, but we'd known that it was only a matter of time before school caught up with her at last. (Her poor sister was literally sick for 10 months when she started preschool!) When the Princess was sick at that age she either needed to be held or was asleep. The Pixie, though, was content yesterday with cartoons in the morning and an afternoon in bed with Mom. As I was a bit tired, I was only too happy to oblige, and the two of us happily curled up in my bed together.

However, one can't be in bed all day without SOMETHING to keep one busy....
It would have been impossible to work on something detailed with the Pixie next to me. She did want to chat, after all, and also required periodic books/drinks/etc. I needed something small which I could pick up and put down with ease. Thus, her sister's latest pair of socks.
And we were in bed for so long yesterday that I was easily able to finish the pair. (To give you an idea of how much time we are talking about....Sock #1 was done, Sock #1 had a completed heel flap, but I hadn't turned the heel yet.) I won't bore you with the details of this project - other than to say the yarn is The Unique Sheep's Leili, purchased back when it was Liisu yarns. The Princess picked the yarn from my stash last fall when we were planning her socks.


The Princess was delighted with her new socks, and as she happily pulled them on she decided they were the,"warmest socks EVER!"

The Pixie's fever is gone today, but as we are stuck at home until she's been fever-free for 24 hours, I imagine there will be another afternoon in bed. Today's project to finish up?

Monkeys.

Comments

Leciawp said…
I'm glad she's feeling better! It sounds as if you've made good use of the time at home.
Paula said…
Nice to have a good excuse to spend time with her. It sounds as if she was not too sick to enjoy it a wee bit also.

Popular Posts