10 Blessings...No Wait, 15!

Thank you to you all for such warm wishes! I really appreciate your support after all of the craziness last week, and I hope you know it meant the world to me.

I thought I would take a moment today to count some blessings. It seems appropriate, don't you think?
  1. I'm quite happy to report that the effects of Kiera's stroke have mostly worn off. She's left with a bit of a balance problem, but in light of the fact that she was bounding after squirrels this morning we're just not going to worry about it. (She's also resumed counter surfing, as evidenced by a spoon and a clean yogurt container found in the living room....)
  2. Also, while the meds are still messing with my tummy I have discovered that my regular dose of cardio in the morning generally clears it up. Go gym!
  3. My girls both attend wonderful schools and have very talented, loving teachers.
  4. I finished another shawl on Sunday! Pictures to come, promise.
  5. As of yesterday morning, I've dropped under a significant number on the scales. I hadn't seen this number since half way through my first pregnancy. So far....26 lbs gone!
  6. Celestial Seasoning's Candy Cane Lane tea is back in the stores.
  7. I have a rice bag, which I use to warm my feet at night. We keep the house chilly (65-70), and it makes all the difference in the world.
  8. Mom let my sister-in-law and I hijack the Thanksgiving menu.
  9. My husband grew a beard to please me. I think he's devastatingly handsome with a beard, and I love it when he indulges me!
  10. We have a wonderful church family, and I'm very glad to be a part of that community.
  11. I've totally managed to hook my kids onto the Glee soundtrack, which makes life a lot easier for me. There's only so many times I can hear the practice CD from the Christmas Pageant before I go stark raving mad. Even better, they are now developing choreographed routines.
  12. My husband complimented me Sunday as the girls and I got ready to leave for church. For the first time in my life, not only did I believe him when he told me that I looked good, but I also felt that I deserved the compliment. (Although, I'm not sure "hot" was what I was going for!)
  13. My library has downloadable audiobooks. Soooo cool!
  14. I've been eating Brussels Sprouts almost every day for the last week. Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE Brussels Sprouts!
  15. My trainer gave me a couple of challenges relating to My Daily Plate, and rewarded me with two free sessions for succeeding.

I could go on and on and on and on....but we'll leave it for that for now. Life really is good!

Comments

Anne P said…
Well honestly! 15 is a LOT to be thankful for - it sounds good at your end. I'm glad. :)
Leciawp said…
A lot to be thankful for!! So glad your dog is better. And 26 pounds?! Incredible. I'm so glad to see this evidence of abundance in your life. xoxo
Shelda said…
I love brussel sprouts too!

And I'm giggling about the compliment, right on the way to church. Kinda cute, really.
YEAH!!!! Wonderful news on all accounts! Life is so wonderful most of the time! Are you cooking new and exciting dishes for Thanksgiving?
Paula said…
So many wonderful things to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing yours. I'm most envious about the downloadable books from your library. Oh, I wish! Congratulations on your success and continued path to better health and fitness! 26 lb is fantastic!

Popular Posts