Well That's New...

My Saturday began innocently enough. I woke up around 9 to the peaceful sound of a gentle thunderstorm. After fixing a cup of coffee and checking in with my husband and the girls - all happily enjoying cartoons in the basement - I settled back in bed with my knitting. After months of an odd knitting malaise, I had finally figured out a way to get back my knitting mojo, and with that solution in mind I pulled out Fiona Ellis's Inspired Cable Knits and my KnitPicks Gloss and set to work on a Ripples In Time sweater for the Pixie. An hour quickly slipped by in knitting bliss.

My peace was disturbed by the phone, and as I needed a coffee refill I went to answer it. After a brief chat with my mother in law, I returned to the bedroom. When I walked in, I immediately noticed that my cat had quite naturally moved into my spot on the bed. He does this all of the time, so it was hardly surprising. What was so odd was that he held a strand of my yarn in his mouth.

Now I have never, EVER seen this cat chew on yarn. I have had friends with yarn-munching pets, but for some reason that particular problem had never cropped up in our house. In fact, it actually took a minute for the scene before me to process. I just couldn't believe what I saw because it was just so out of character. I shrugged, disentangled the cat and crawled back into bed, figuring it for a rare display of frisky behavior. I gave the old rascal a bit of love and then I dumped him on the far side of the bed so that I could get back to work.

And then...

Then I picked up my knitting to find this: Dratted beast. Let's hope this doesn't become habit.

Comments

Unknown said…
There is no truly nothing that your cat will not eat.
Jenn said…
I've had the animals on my knitting, playing with a loose ball, but they've never chewed it up! I hope this is the one and only time they mess with your yarn.

Sounds like a lovely day up until that point... off to CO the skirt!

Popular Posts