I will fess up to doing this at least once a month. Why? Bunch of reasons.
- I like to be able to see it all in one place.
- It allows me to organize my projects by prioritizing the projects I already have in mind, assigning yarn for future projects and sometimes by dumping projects when I've lost interest.
- Having it all in the open reminds me that I don't need to buy anything else.
- Along with #3, I can dream up new ideas for old yarn.
- Occasionally I decide to destash some of it, and by doing this type of organization fairly often I learn what's important to me and what isn't.
- When I'm feeling generous, I let my eldest pick out yarn and a pattern for Mommy to make.
- I'm a tad OCD.
- I took a nap with my stash last month, and it was fun. (The fiber stayed in the closet.)