Why don't you try? It would be fun! She tells me, and I have to admit that I am tempted.
Some of the things she wants me to try are:
- Beading. She watched a friend put together some jewelry at my house this last weekend and just KNOWS we should do that too.
- Embroidery. God knows I've never been that good at needlework, and she should know it too. So far that's not deterring her. She went to work on my 5-year-old, and now the Princess wants to do this too.
- Felt, with either sheets of wool felt or recycled sweaters. She's shoved several books off of the shelf at the book store to show me how wonderful this could be.
- Sewing. OK, so I did let her tempt me into purchasing some material for a few new skirts.
- Crochet. She recruited my husband with this one. They both think I could do really cool things if I could crochet.
- Toy making, as a subset of several other types of handwork. She thinks I need more fun in my life.
- Glass beads. As in using a torch and molten hot glass to make beads. I know, this one is just plain nuts.