Monday Meanderings

The girls have been doing a little bit of decorating...
and my husband didn't want his picture taken. Oh well!
  • We had round steak for dinner tonight.
  • Nothing better!
  • Absolute comfort food...especially with beef raised by my parents.
  • My living room and kitchen have been spotless since last Thursday. That's a record.
  • That's kind of sad....
  • We seriously have to do something about the hole in the linoleum under the kitchen table. It looks really, really bad.
  • We were going to tile the kitchen floor this summer, but wound up buying a new washer and dryer instead. We really didn't have much of a choice, so I can't complain.
  • We've been in the house for 10 years and married for 11...things are starting to wear out, and I am getting nervous about the expense!
  • I also need a bunch of new clothes, and I'm kind of looking forward to that..but I've never been a big shopper, so we'll see how it goes.
  • Yep, I'm a wimp when it comes to buying new clothes.
  • Apparently I'm getting better at buying shoes, though....I pick up my fourth and last pair tomorrow! The only thing I would want would be a pair of everyday boots....which I probably won't do this winter because of the aforementioned clothing issue!
  • My four-year-old seems to have hit her terrible twos.
  • Fun.
  • Last week in BootCamp we boxed.
  • I am not aggressive enough for boxing.
  • Seriously....it was almost a joke.
  • I did have a free pilates session on the reformer on Friday, thanks to the fact that a friend has recently become a pilates teacher and wanted to practice on someone. We did an hour, and I can honestly say that I had muscles hurt this weekend that I didn't even know existed!
  • And for yet another reason why it's good to exercise - my left shoulder locked up last week, and has been excruciating every since. The ONLY time it feels ok is when I exercise, so I'm trying to do that as often as possible until the muscles decide to unknot.
  • In other health-related news, I am going in for allergy testing tomorrow. We're hoping I get some of my digestive questions answered.
  • I'm trying to think of something witty to say.
  • Not coming up with much.
  • I have found a piano teacher for the Princess. That's exciting - especially as it's one of my P.E.O. sisters.
  • Oooo...I also finally stepped down as the VP of my chapter. when they asked me to do it - after two years as president - my gut told me no and I didn't listen. I feel much, much better now that I've let go of that responsibility.
  • I really need to do some plying...but I don't wanna. I can fill at least two of my three remaining bobbins before it becomes necessary. I've got it narrowed down to three possibilities.
  • Must. Speak. To. The. Green. Woman. about banishing the Bad Mood fairy that seems to be plaguing the Pixie.
  • Sigh.
  • I'm feeling the need to go knit now.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Leciawp said…
Sorry to hear about the 'bad mood fairy'!

I hope you're successful in finding a piano teacher - it's been such a great thing for my boys.

Can you put a rug over the linoleum for now?

Happy shopping!
quantumtea said…
Interesting about the boxing, when I started sparring in karate, it was a huge effort to make contact, and another huge effort to hit with sufficient force to be noticed. Kicking someone in the head, even when I know they're ready for it, and I'm wearing padded boots and they have a padded helmet and a mouthguard, was shockingly hard to do. Probably because it wasn't the polite, quiet, ladylike thing to do...

Popular Posts