The Green Woman is always in charge of packing the 'fun' stuff for the weekend, and as she always goes a bit overboard, I thought you might be interested to see her list for this weekend. While it is weekend specific, it is also very typical in the amount and variety of stuff she likes to take along. After all...one never knows....
- This summer we had to buy a new washing machine (Yay!) which means that we no longer have a machine capable of felting handknits. Now, I am not fond of felting, so this would not be a big deal if not for one thing....and that is the simple fact that the absolute best house slippers in the world are the Fiber Trends Felt Clogs. So, I am taking my almost-completed pair, my husband's almost completed pair and all supplies and materials to make slippers for the girls (I just found out yesterday there is a children's pattern as well.) I'm not sure when we will be back, and I really need to get them all finished and felted before we come home on Sunday.
- If that wasn't enough, the Green Woman has also packed ALL supplies and materials for the girls' Christmas sweaters and
- All supplies and materials for the new vest that I want to make for myself.
- Perhaps the stuff to start a Daybreak shawl as we finally figured out how we want to do that.
- And my knitting wouldn't be complete without lace, so the Princess edging is going with,
- As is a basic sock that I'm working on for my husband.
- She loves variety, though, so of course the spinning wheel is going with.
- Her fiber selection is the pink merino we had considered for last weekend. (Lucky me, she seems to be good with only one type of fiber.)
- I wouldn't be surprised if the drop spindle found its way in...
- She is waffling a bit about the fabric for a quilt that we cut out over a year ago. Mom's help could be good or bad.
- Two books to read and my journal.
- And a partridge in a pear tree!
We had a last-minute change of plans and are going to stay home this weekend. My parents will come up tomorrow and we will all take our bikes to ride the trail together - which sounds like a fantastic plan to me! The girls and I picked up a new movie and the fixings for nachos for a Mommy/Daughter movie night, and I am very, Very happy that I won't have to drive today.