Monday Meanderings



Mom loaded 1,400 pictures onto my computer on Saturday just so I could have the 20 pictures she took on the MKT trail during our ride. I forgive her, though, because in the process she gave me gems like these.
  • And I managed to whittle the 1,400 down to just under 600.
  • Wow.
  • A sign of the type of parent I am - I am insanely happy that the girls are no longer playing princess. Now they are dragon-hunting Vikings, and I love every minute of it!
  • Last night I discovered that my seven-year-old feels safe confiding her secrets to me. I'm particularly proud of that, and I hope she always feels that way.
  • Meanwhile, my four-year-old has been snugly and cute lately, frequently declaring that I am the best Mom ever. Gotta love that!
  • I haven't taken the bikes out of the van yet. I'm hoping for a repeat ride....
  • Which leads me to exercise.
  • I - the great individualist - have discovered an exercise class that I can really get into. Our BootCamp instructor had to miss today (sick kids, poor woman!). The sub she sent teaches the Bosu class, which quite naturally means we got to do a Bosu class. And I loved every minute of it! After BootCamp I think I'll have to incorporate this class into my weekly routine. (And incidentally, I'm going to hurt tomorrow....LOVE that!)
  • Our exercise assignment for the coming week is to run.
  • Cue laughter.
  • Easiest. Assignment. Ever.
  • It's raining right now. Have I told you all how much I love the fall? And the rain? And the nice weather? Perfect day.
  • A good friend of mine called a bit ago, and I get to see her this Friday...and her lovely baby! That's a very good thing, especially as I'm now on a mission to spoil other people's children as much as I possibly can.
  • Cupcake is responding to this plan of mine by being ultra-snugly and thus helping me to work on my relaxation techniques. Seriously. Have you ever tried to be anything but a wet noodle when holding a peaceful, sleeping baby?
  • I'm also working on spoiling the family. I spent this weekend working furiously on knitting up clogs for myself and my girls. I also finished a pair for my husband. I like knowing that we'll soon all have nice, warm tootsies.
  • Notice that I'm included in that pile of clogs.
  • AND, I bought yarn to make myself a vest. I think perhaps I'll get started on that this week.
  • See, I'm working on restoring some balance!
  • I'm also spinning that pink merino. I didn't plan on making laceweight with it....it just happened. Of course, that goes right with my current working theory...which is that I can't find what I want in the stores, so I'd best make it myself.
  • Found some old glasses in my desk. They are probably 15 years old, but they fit better than my falling-apart-newest pair. Thus I can put off new glasses that much longer....
  • Oooo...I got new shoes! I now have the gorgeous green Keene's you saw last week, orange Birks, and two pair of high heels from Clark - one of them a nice, deep red patent leather. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am about that!
  • Now I just need clothes to go with....
  • (Down side to this time of year...mild allergies, resulting mostly in low-grade constant headaches. Ick.)
  • I bought my sweet dog a new orthopaedic dog bed today. She had a really good time smelling it and then trying it out!
  • The poor thing is 14, and in the last few months she's started to really show her age. She's getting thin, her back legs are stiff and arthritic (started new meds for that this weekend), she's practically deaf, and we don't think she can see very much. Add to that the fact that she's on daily aspirin therapy because of the stroke she had a year ago....
  • I have no illusions. She's old, and you can't cure old. BUT, I want to make sure she's as comfortable as possible.
  • But I do sincerely hope that dogs don't feel their age like humans do. I hope in her mind she's still a young pup...even if one that moves a bit slower.
  • One last note...I have a supremely bad haircut right now. I wanted something a bit different, and though my stylist is normally phenomenal this time it turned out crazy. It feels ridiculously short (though it's been shorter) and it takes a LOT of work (for me) to style it. Good thing it's just hair and it will grow!

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Leciawp said…
Sorry to hear about your haircut - hate it when that happens. At least you have new shoes! :) And it sounds like you've had some wonderful parenting moments.

Popular Posts