- Is there anything more beautiful to a spinner than a batch of newly completed singles?
- I was able to spin the entire third - and final - bobbin of my blue merino on Saturday...with just a little bit of help from the ball of singles I spun on my drop spindle. I almost hated to transfer the spindle-spun to the bobbin, but I wanted a nice three-ply, and that was the only way to get three even bobbins full!
- I'm very glad to be done with the blue merino. It's gorgeous...but blue is not my favorite color and I was getting a wee bit tired of it.
- That was just one of the things I was able to accomplish on Saturday. I had a wonderfully peaceful day, and was able to accomplish EVERYTHING on my list! Including...
- I finished the first half of the Swan Lake stole,
- Sewed the buttons onto the Princess's new little vest and
- Fixed the buttons on her February Princess sweater.
- Things are definitely looking up in the crafts department!
- Sadly, part of why Saturday was such a successful craft day was because I managed to wear myself out at the gym earlier in the week....causing yet another crash and burn.
- Looking on the sunny side.....I decided to use this whole mess as an opportunity to change my life!
- Drumroll, please.....
- I'm in the process of transitioning to a vegetarian diet.
- Why? Well the current diet just isn't working for me...for a whole lot of reasons. I feel I need a change....a big one.
- And quite frankly, this time of year that's the way I tend to go anyway.
And that's all I've got this evening.
Have a Great Week!