Friday, April 23, 2010

The Mistake That Wasn't A Mistake





Pattern: Tappan Zee Cardigan by Amy King - Spring/Summer Knitty 2010
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, 3 skeins of color 88, a soft, slightly muddy purple. (The color proved to be impossible for my poor camera.) Purchased at Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe for this project.
Needles: Addi Turbo, US 6 - 4.0 mm
Time to Knit: March 24 - April 9, 2010
Modifications: Once I realized this wasn't going to fit me, I simply shortened the body a bit so that it would be perfect for my daughter. Also, I added a full row of diamonds across the bottom instead of the single diamond on either side. I think it's better balanced that way!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

A new purple sweater and a pink T = perfect spring outfit. It's lovely, and so is the lucky model/recipient!

Anne said...

I love it on her - it's a perfect color and looks VERY cute.

angela said...

She's adorable. Great solution. I'm off to look it up as a possible substitute for my daughter instead of making yet another Feb. baby sweater. :-)

Paula said...

Great knit for the Princess. She looks so pretty in it.

A Day That is Dessert said...

She's so sweet - and the sweater looks great on her!

Shelda said...

It's just fabulous! And that looks like one happy Princess!

Sometimes things just work out in their very own way. Fun!