I had a brilliant post in mind....with lots of brilliant things to show you....
But then I lost most of the day to a migraine.
So instead, let's do the weekly meanderings!
- Ok, so really I don't have anything that brilliant to share with you this week. It's been an odd, odd week.
- And things are going to be strange until the end of the month!
- Yep, it's all because of scheduling.
- Moving on....my legs are so sore today that I can barely move. It's been a long, long while since my workouts bothered me this much!
- What caused it? Um....ran 7 miles on Sunday (Yay me!), cross trained on an elliptical on Monday, and then - after confessing a chocolate cake slip up to my trainer - got the workout of my life on Tuesday.
- And the funny part...I've loved every minute of it, and am relishing the achy muscles!
- As of late last week, I'm now living scale-free, and am only supposed to weigh myself once/month. After roughly 1/4 century of an at-least-twice-daily weighing habit (and you think I'm kidding...but I'm not) it's more than just a little bit scary. BUT, I have to admit that after a week or so I'm starting to find it liberating as well. AND, unlike past attempts, I'm not getting nutty about it. (Ask my husband....)
- Why am I kicking my scale habit? Well, first of all my trainer has never been happy about my scale habit, and she's been encouraging me to quit for months now. Second, my anxiety levels were shooting up because of the slow weight-loss/discovery that I needed to eat more food, and I was becoming more and more fixated on the numbers....to the point where the stress was starting to negatively affect my actions and dredge up crazy emotional issues. Finally, I just don't want to be that person anymore...and I certainly don't want my girls to grow up to be her either. Enough is enough.
- I'll be honest...I've been struggling since my trainer increased my daily calorie requirements. It's been what...three weeks? and I've only just managed to get my eating under control. The increased calories triggered a lot of overeating and dredged up a lot of my demons. I'm now back to taking everything one single day at a time....remembering that I need to be patient as well as persistent.
- My husband and I are total Olympics addicts. We've been watching every night...and some during the day as well.
- I finally figured out how curling works this afternoon! During the last Winter Olympics I was extremely pregnant and found myself zoning out day after day in front of the curling matches on tv....but at the time I didn't have the mental energy to figure out what exactly they were doing.
- I may have figured out the what, but I still don't get the why.
- I ditched the Knitting Olympics. I can't watch the Olympics and knit at the same time - especially not on a difficult lace project!
- Having said that, there could be a crazy sprint to the finish. I've been known to do things like that before. Look for a move over the weekend if it's to happen at all....
- My Butterfly Golding came back to me on Monday - with a new brass ring fitted right underneath the whorl to help hold it in place. She's just beautiful!
- I'm still waiting for that last batch of fiber to arrive before I match spindle to fiber. It should be here any moment! Honestly...I'm waiting for the fiber that I was the most excited about...although I must say that the others all exceeded expectations.
- In the meantime, work continues on the blue merino. I'm at about the half-way point on the second bobbin - and I anticipate filling four altogether.
- Which reminds me, I MUST ply the bobbin of suri alpaca because I need to free up the bobbin as I only have six of them. (Fiber being MUCH more fun to purchase than more bobbins...and honestly, there are ways around it.)
- I'm VERY likely to finish my Botanica Medalion Cardi tomorrow. That's very exciting!
- I fell asleep at 8:20 last night...and slept until 7 this morning. Is that weird for an adult? OR Is it just proof that I am my father's child?
Enough for now...I hope that the rest of the week proves to be happy for you all!