So what's up? Well, right now I will fully admit that I'm in a bit of a knitting downswing. It happens. Sometimes a girl just needs a break to recharge a bit.
So in the meantime, here are a few things I'm thinking about. Feel free to weigh in and let me know what you think about any of it!
- Akimbo. Do I start over, or repurpose the yarn? On the pro: the colors look great together and it's an easy pattern that I love. On the con: I fell even more in love with the green, and kind of want to use it on its own for something. Also, I hate reknitting things! I'm waffling big time. At the very least, the whole thing will have to be restarted with at least one size needle larger...maybe two. (The pattern calls for a 4, and I used a 6 in the failed attempt. Clearly, Stephen West is an extremely loose knitter!) Yes, I did consider ripping back to the purple and just adding on. However, in the end I don't think that's going to make me happy, AND the greatly increased stitch count might make me nuts in the chevron section. My ambivalence right now is speaking volumes.
- Socks. I noticed this week that some of my socks are starting to show quite a bit of wear and tear. (They are ages old and have had heavy use, so I'm not sad.) The question is...do I just knit up some plain socks real fast or do I finally settle in with patterned socks?
- If I do patterned socks, I'm thinking about doing something crazy....like working all of the socks in Cookie A's book....good idea or bad?
- I find that I'm really wanting to start seriously working on garments for myself...which I had sworn off of until I hit my goal weight. Should I start now...or just wait... It's just so hard to predict what one is going to look like down the road....and my current self-awareness is way out of whack, as if I have no idea of what size I really am...which I don't.
- I might need something entirely new and different to knit. Any ideas? You know the kinds of things I do....
- I - ahem - did some fake shopping at The Loopy Ewe this evening, filling my shopping cart with about $300 in things I loved and then deleting it all. It was fun...but a strong reminder that I have other yarns that I HAD to have which I've never touched. I really want to use up my lovely stash yarns....but oddly I find I need some ideas and suggestions.
- My lace mojo is way down. No...that's not true. Rather, I have two intense, long-term projects on the needles that seem to have eclipsed all other lace desires. This stinks since I have a gazillion shawls I want to make.
- The crochet thing keeps coming up. Any suggestions for resources?
- After swearing off of baby knits after last summer's gazillion baby gifts.....you guessed it, I wish I now had a bunch of babies to knit for. Thank goodness my trainer is pregnant.
- I really need to knit for the girls this year. They haven't had sweaters in a while...and now even the Pixie is old enough to request items.
As always, my reaction to your responses will totally be what drives my decisions...not the responses themselves! (Do you do that? Ask an opinion and then do what your gut tells you in response to the answer?)
I guess what I'm doing is looking for that spark that I need...the one that fires me up again and sets my imagination and my needles free.