Monday Meanderings

  • Look what came off of the needles this weekend.....
  • You would think that with a 4-row repeat, the outer band wouldn't have been a big deal....but I had to repeat those 4 rows 120 times
  • And it's cotton.
  • In theory, I adore cotton!
  • In reality, I really don't enjoy knitting with it that often. Nine times out of 10, it's just too hard on my hands.
  • I wish it wasn't that way...
  • Anyhoo. I have to hide the ends, seam the inside edge of the outer band, sew the outer band to the medallion and then do a crochet edging around the armholes. I imagine that will take another six months.
  • Speaking of crochet...I'm oddly thinking about it. I've seen several posts recently with really attractive projects.....Hmmmm....
  • I only have 5 WIP's right now - with three of them being acknowledged long-term projects and none of them being socks. That's kind of odd.
  • I'll probably finish Akimbo this week.
  • Then I should take a break and do some finish work...like the cardi....and the monkeys. Sigh. The pile is building.
  • However, I'm sure that what I will be doing instead (in the very few moments of free time this week) is SPINNING!
  • As I suddenly find myself with a wealth of fiber in wonderful colors. SOooo much fun!
  • I ran 8 miles yesterday. Yay me! I'm still way ahead on the training schedule, and feeling VERY good about it. I have 7 more weeks to work up to 13.1 miles, and now I know I can finish in the 2 hours and 30 minutes I had planned for.
  • Nope, never said I was fast!
  • However, I am building speed throughout my long runs - starting slow and finishing strong - just the way I like it.
  • I'm starting to get antsy about the scales. Good thing one of the other ladies at the gym and I have made a no-scale pact. It does make it easier to know someone else is doing it too!
  • Bought new exercise pants yesterday in another size smaller. They are a smidge too tight right now...but as they are from Eddie Bauer I'm expecting them to last at least six months. My last pair of EB sports pants lasted 4+, and only failed when they got so big on me that they started to fall off when I ran. I've been through two pair of Target pants since, and have now sworn off the cheap.
  • This week is going to stink. I've always hated it when I have to play single-parent. Ugh.
  • The church audit is just going to have to wait. Also, the PEO stuff is going to have to wait as well. The birthday party, and getting the house in order, has to be my first priority this week.
  • Also, not going nuts as a single parent. That's important, too. And also the most difficult.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Leciawp said…
It sounds like a busy week. Good luck getting done what you need to do, and being a single parent.

Popular Posts