- Last Friday I had an assessment with my trainer. I had been really excited to see what kind of progress I had made since our last assessment back in August. Sadly, it didn't go so well. My weight was right where I knew it would be, but my body fat percentage hadn't dropped near as much as I had expected. Frustration bubbled up, and we had a long talk. Why on earth wasn't I loosing faster when I have been doing EVERYTHING right?!
- After our appointment, Meghan went straight to the staff nutritionist's office to have a long talk with her about my case. The long and short of it is that they both feel that I HAVEN'T BEEN EATING ENOUGH - especially since I'm now training for a half. I received an email about an hour after I got home, in which Meghan raised my goal by 300 calories / day. Ouch.
- I have to admit, I have been frustrated by the very slow crawl of my weight loss. For a while I could blame it on the holidays (even though I did well), but since then it's just been dragging. When you track every bite as religiously as I do, eat very healthfully, and get in 5-6 days of quality exercise every week, you want to see results!
- Interestingly enough, though, I did go back to My Daily Plate and my own little black record book to check my numbers. Sure enough, they both showed that until mid-November I had been steadily loosing about 1.5-2 lbs/week. At that point we dropped my numbers to 1450 because I was struggling at the time to get the full 1600 calories/day...and since then I've only lost 8 lbs.
- My doctor didn't want me to drop my daily calorie goal under 1600. I should have listened.
- The trouble is that 1450 feels comfortable to me. I've not really been hungry, and I've not had to force food. Going up to 1750 is going to be tough.
- I'll fess up that I've been ridiculously tired lately. Honestly, though, I thought it was just because it was January. I always feel like this in January! Apparently, though, I just didn't have enough fuel in my system.
- Likewise, I've had two crazy craving days this month...and I hadn't had any cravings at all since I started this last July. We're talking cravings of the sort where you just can't get enough food...and the worse it is for you, the more I wanted it. That was weird, too.
- SO, I let myself eat what I wanted this weekend, and today we'll get back on track at the higher calorie level. We'll just have to see what happens.
- Incidentally, I have another 30-50 lbs to lose...and I don't really want it to take another year. Besides, my trainer will be going on maternity leave at the beginning of June...and I want to at least be most of the way there before she goes!
- On a much happier note, I had a fantastic long run this weekend. Technically, my half-marathon training schedule only required 4 miles...but those training schedules always make me a bit nervous because I just don't trust that they require enough of a runner. I really want to add in a couple of 12 mile runs so that I'm absolutely sure I can do a half! I decided yesterday to drop the speed a bit and just go as long as I could. Yay me, I was able to easily complete 7 miles! I probably could have gone farther...but my legs were getting tired and I didn't want to risk injury. That run felt fantastic, though, and I feel VERY confident that I'll be able to complete the half in good shape now.
- Lesson Learned, though, I was scheduled to do a fast fun today....45 minutes with speed intervals. Apparently it's not a good idea to do that the day after a long run. I only made it for 30, and had to walk about half. My heart and lungs felt fine....but my body knew it needed rest. I'll redo my training schedule this afternoon.
- Moving on....the Princess did not get started yesterday because of our running schedule and the children. Hopefully I'll have more time today. I think I actually need to do a bit more swatching before I actually cast on, though, as I'm pretty sure my initial swatches aren't big enough. Moving up a needle size would be a good thing.
- The my case of Finishitis has healed itself nicely. I'm not going to go crazy and cast on a bunch of things...but I no longer feel like I HAVE to only work on the WIP's in my basket.
- Given that, I would actually like to have a finished project to show off next week at my guild meeting. I need to pick something and get to it!
- Daily spinning hasn't been going so well...but I'm blaming my cranky week. It'll get better.
- I have literally a mountain of clean laundry in my room to put away.
- I also have a house that needs to be overhauled. I think I'll start on my bedroom today.
Yay! I just got a call from my doctor's nurse. After 4 months and 4 blood tests, I finally got my vitamin D levels up to a good range! Normal is from 30-80, and mine were at 68! Yay! You've no idea how relieved I am!
I think that may be it for now. I need to take a shower, and then I have a lot of stuff I want to do today.