Good Morning!

Hello All!

Alas, no, my computer has not returned to the fold. I had scheduled yesterday's post well before the crisis began. When the girls and I returned, I sat down and wrote all of the ensuing posts during one afternoon. I just didn't have time to get around to the last two on the subject - drat.

I did take the computer in to be fixed yesterday, but at this point we're thinking it's most likely a lost cause. Big sighs again.

I was very happy to share yesterday's photos with you. I wish(!) I lived someplace like that. Actually, that was my parents' home. I frequently photograph it because it can be an incredibly magical place at times. One day, I hope to have a much better camera so that I can have more control over the shots. Right now we just have a point and shoot, so it's more about luck than talent. I happen to really love early morning on the farm, though, and was thrilled that luck was with me for those shots.

In crafting/knitting news -

I'm working away at the girls' Easter dresses/shrugs. It looks like we'll be heading to the farm again this weekend so that my mom can help me sew the skirts on to the knit tops. SO, that's my priority for the next couple of days. The good news is that they are fairly quick knits, and all I have left on the tops is the finish work. The shrugs should be done by the end of the weekend.

I'm also working on a sample for Teva Durham again, and while I can't share that with you I can say that her next book promises to be exciting! Again, this is a priority. I technically have until the end of the month, but I'd rather get it done asap so that I can focus on other projects.

Yes, I am working on fun things, too. I wound down some alpaca laceweight last night for my next shawl, and I plan on starting the swatching for the Princess shawl this weekend as my fun project. Oh....and I'm finally getting around to doing patterned socks - thanks to all of the fun books recently released! See, FUN!

Speaking of which, the new Vogue Knitting arrived yesterday, and for some inexplicable reason I'm totally in love with the vest on the front. It must be mine.....

edited to add: I picked my computer up this evening, and will be back tomorrow with actual knitting/creative content! Yay!

edited once again: And this morning the stupid thing won't boot up. Sigh. Such is the problem with an aging laptop. They're just not built to last forever.

Comments

Popular Posts