Housekeeping

First, the Green Woman would like you all to know that she is sulking because I didn't give in to her desire to start a new project yesterday. I also did not give in to her attempts to tempt me into buying yarn today at the yarn shop. She was particularly crafty in finding a bunch of brand new laceweight yarns in all of my favorite colors...but all for naught. I'm sure she'll be in a snit for at least the rest of the evening.

Our title today refers to two things.

1. I've been working really hard over the last couple of days to declutter and organize my home. I'm very pleased to say that it's nicer than it has been in a long time. In truth, I was starting to feel a very nutty type of claustrophobia over the mess (much of it belonging to two small girls). The hope is that we can keep everything cleaned up for once and for all. My husband has been pressed into service, and I've really been working to teach the girls how to pick up after themselves.

What this all means is that I should now have more time to attend to my handwork. Yipee!

2. I've been contemplating a few blog changes, and have decided to add two weekly features.

Sundays will now be my "Inspiration Sundays" where I will be posting about various and sundry things which spark my creativity or give me the energy and/or desire to create. I have actually been thinking about this for quite a while, and have a whole list of fun things to talk about. We'll start that next week.

Starting tomorrow, I will be posting a list of weekly goals on Mondays. While I didn't finish everything on the list I made last week, I did find that by making my intentions public I gave myself the structure I needed to focus on those goals. Besides, it just feels so good to be able to check things off of a list!

Comments

Popular Posts