Another BSJ

I love Baby Surprise Jackets. Not only are they clever and fun to knit, but they are also the perfect stash-busting project. In all honesty - and with the exception of plain socks - this is the only pattern that I knit repeatedly and love each time.

This little BSJ is made from 4 skeins off Jo Sharp DK Wool, with plenty left over for a matching had and/or booties.

This one is destined for a new baby boy. His big sister received a handknit sweater when she was born, so of course he needs one too. Mom and Dad truly appreciate handknits as they have some extraordinary heirloom pieces in their family.

It only took four days to knit this, (Sept 20-24, 2008) but I haven't sewn it up yet. It will be spending the next month at Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe, hopefully enticing knitters to take my BSJ class. I also left an older BSJ of mine that I made for the Pixie as a sample of the completed project.

If you have a bit of spare time, the current issue of Spin Off magazine has a gallery of BSJs made out of handspun. I highly recommend checking it out!

Comments

Popular Posts